Friday, December 27, 2013

Coursera's Functional Programming Principles in Scala

So incidentally I found this course, since it's free, I thought: hi why not I register for it, so I can get better understanding of Scala? And, the I'm registered


Dear Desson Ariawan,
Thank you for signing up for Functional Programming Principles in Scala! Software is at the core of most of our products and services now, so programming is a pervasive activity. At the same time, we know that productivity of programmers can differ by more than one order of magnitude, much more than in most other disciplines.  
The course is self-contained. People have found it useful to discuss with others in the forums and/or by forming study groups. As a  new offering, Typesafe is also proposing commercial online tutorial sessions where small groups of students interact with an expert to discuss their programming techniques in a more individual way (but they won't tell you how to do your homework :-). If that interests you, here's a blog explaining more details
I hope that you will find this class useful for improving your programming skills by letting you concentrate on the essentials of abstraction and composition. 
Yours,
Martin

Check https://www.coursera.org/course/progfun for details

Update: Unfortunately, I still has no time to go through this course :(

No comments:

Post a Comment