Tuesday, December 26, 2006

It’s not a White Christmas, it’s a Colorful Christmas

Yes it’s not white, it’s colorful, and it’s wonderful. First Christmas in a place I called ‘my 3rd home’ (1st Kudus, 2nd Jakarta).

Kudus, +/- 12 years ago
Om Agus: Ok Desson, it’s your job to find a Christmas tree for our church…
Desson: What? Christmas tree? (I think I need to snoop and steal from somebody garden)
Ko Pujo: It’s ok, you can get it in public forest, maybe in Muria (a mountain)?
Desson: Puff, I thought I need to ask one by one to ‘sacrifice’ their tree
(Finally, we get it in the forest - with the permission of forest scout)

Jakarta, a year ago
Danny:
OK, it’s already November and we need to prepare an organizer for this year Christmas celebration (for youth). I’m act as a coordinator.
Desson: And why my name in the list?
Danny: Coz Yohana want your name in the list…
Desson: And her name in the list?
Danny: Sure…
Desson: Perfect, one more thing, Can you change my section? Consumption section perhaps?
Danny: Not necessary, all ladies there.
Desson: Yes, that’s all I want for Christmas!
(Finally I still in multimedia section…)

Singapore, this year

Saturday, 23 Dec 2006
Last practice for Christmas choir and have some session of drama. Go to Burger King (Orchard, near by Borders book store), to get 2 crown for Solomon and Queen of Sheba. After that we enjoy a set of Christmas Carols in Orchard (in front of Takashimaya). Have a set of photographs, going home (almost 12pm, midnight). Some people still go to Geylang and have a Durian session there…

Sunday, 24 Dec 2006Overslept, came late to the church for last drama practice. But the show runs well -peoples laugh. Just thinking, they laughing the things I said, or laughing me. Hi all, you’re so funny (especially Lufi with her Indian’s gesture). Finally, Christmas service is over, we (whole of church) have a dinner (not lunch?) together. After that, we - the youth – spent 2 hours to discuss where to go for tomorrow (2 hours?). And play several session of 'Polar Bear' or ‘Police and Murder’ or I can say ‘Kill the Innocent'?
(Note: Yes, they kill an innocent people, and that’s me. I’m sad when they doubt my integrity, especially when I try to convince them. I said, ‘I’m innocent, look at my face.’ But they undoubtly doubt my integrity. So sad!)
After that, we (6 of us) have another dinner in Kopitiam Plaza Singapura.

Monday, 25 Dec 2006
First of all, Merry Christmas everyone, God bless you. OK, still overslept (again?), and I visit Fifi and Lufi house in Paya Lebar (Yes, after 2 hours of discussion; east coast, bowling, etc finally we decided to go to Lim Sister’s house…). We eat (thanks Tante Rita), we watch (Open Season), and we play (‘Watch your Hand’, ‘Big Fish-Small Fish’, and 'Kill the Innocent'). From Lim’s house we go to Pang’s house in YCK. In Pang’s house, we have (another) Christmas celebration and Thanksgiving. The last but not least; dinner and sing together (I like it). The 4 jomblo (Me, Samuel, Yanadi, and Bayu), the ladies, Javanese Sinden (uhmmm, I mean Pak Herry), Jazz music (Tante Annete - and Om Paul?), and the grand finale : Ahmad Dhani and Ratu… (uhhhm, it’s should be Yanadi and Pang’s Sisters). Everyone happy, everyone full, and everyone going home.

Thanks everyone for a wonderful Christmas, and thanks for Yanti, Grace, Ade, Lukie, Ali, David, Yohana, Hendra, Aries, and Johan for the SMS. Merry Christmas for you all.

I still waiting for a white Christmas.
(Now I'm stuck in the office)

No comments:

Post a Comment